Yoga is a mindfulness-based stress reduction practice that also promotes wellness in various areas of life. Stress has been directly correlated with poor health outcomes and clinical research continues to support the use of yoga practice as a low cost and low maintenance health intervention capable of reducing stress, a significant health risk factor. Research studies have also concluded that moderate and consistent yoga practice has the following health and wellness benefits:
- Resilience, Coping Skills and Overall Sense of Wellbeing
- Reduced Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Agitation
- Relief of Psychological Distress Caused by Traumatic Events
- Increased Strength and Mobility
- Chronic Low Back Pain Relief
- Decrease in Childhood Stress, Bullying and Violence
- Better Behavior and Academic Performance in Young People
- Enhanced Interpersonal Relationships
Let’s Be Re·sil·ient Together!
Creating and strengthening relationships with friends, family and community (local and global) is vital to the mission of Re·sil·ient Yoga. Instead of being absorbed in our own personal dramas, we practice moving toward the Light in others looking for the same meaningful connections that we are. Through consistent yoga practice (personal and communal), we open ourselves to embrace our own humanity and work toward our highest good while bonding with others who share our aspirations, interests, and perspective on life.