Stress has been directly correlated with poor health outcomes and according to the American Journal of Public Health, “Young to middle-aged residents of impoverished urban areas suffer extra-ordinary rates of excess mortality, to which deaths from chronic disease contribute heavily.” Clinical research continues to support the use of yoga practice as a low cost and low maintenance health intervention capable of reducing stress a significant health risk factor.
Research studies have also concluded that a moderate and consistent yoga practice has the following health and wellness benefits:
- Resilience, Coping Skills and Overall Sense of Wellbeing
- Reduced Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Agitation
- Relief of Psychological Distress Caused by Traumatic Events
- Balanced Weight Loss and Reduced Obesity
- Reduced Incidence of Falls in Older Adults
- Increased Strength and Mobility
- Chronic Low Back Pain Relief
- Improved Pregnancy, Labor and Birth Outcomes for Mother and Child
- Decrease in Childhood Stress, Bullying and Violence
- Better Behavior and Academic Performance in Young People
- Enhanced Interpersonal Relationships
Partner With Us!
Is your organization interested in combating stress while improving the overall health of others?
Developing a partnership with RE·SIL·IENT! Yoga Community Programs is a cost effective way to provide an outcomes based curriculum that integrates yoga exercise, breathing techniques, intention setting, meditation as well as self-care strategies.
We are particularly seeking to expand and support the practice of yoga among individuals living in urban neighborhoods in an effort to reduce the impact and incidence of stress, trauma and violence while increasing resilience and an overall sense of health and well being in those communities.